****** The blog that you are viewing DOES contain adult content and material. YOU must be 18 or older to view this page. Thank you *****

WOOOPS!!!

WE HAVE MOVED AS OF FEBRUARY 1, 2014!!

WANNA KEEP UP WITH US???

GO TO WWW.TWINSIETALK.COM

Email is at Twinsies@Twinsietalk.com

SEE YOU THERE SOON!!!

Sunday, March 17, 2013

A River So Long by Vallie Lynn Watson

 
A River So Long 

Book Blurb:
 Vallie Lynn Watson's debut novel follows thirty-something Veronica as she jolts between five-star hotels in New Orleans, New York, and the North Carolina coast. Veronica's business keeps her on the move, and further strains her relationships with the already unsuitable men she's met along the way, not to mention her blink-and-you-miss-him husband. A River So Long, like Veronica's life, is a fragmented conflation of time, place, and people-she's a gypsy, and the world she inhabits is, if not blurry, at least kaleidoscopic. This remarkable novel reads like Jean Rhys run over by the twenty-first century-a rushing, threatening, constantly changing scene with a tumultuous, multiplying cast

Angie J's Review:

I was given this 125 page ebook  by the author for an honest review.

A girl I work with who told me a friend was writing a book and asked me if I would review.  I said sure.  We love the indie author and so why not help.  Now, as you may have noticed, this book isn't the normal Twinsie Talk paranormal or erotica kind of book.  It is a non-linear story which I know some people are not big fans of soooo I want to make sure you understand that before reading.

Veronica is the main character of this story and she is a HAWT MESS!!!  She is unhappily married, travels for her job and seems very disconnected from family/friends.  She thinks that sex with people will make her feel  better when it actually makes her life worse IMO.  I will admit the non-linear storyline confused me several times.  I was like "wait is this the future or the past?"    The novel doesn't have "chapters" per say but almost like a "diary page of the day".  What I mean by that is that someone took their loose leaf journal and threw the pages up in the air.  Then they picked the pages back up and made a nice neat pile.  You get fragmented images of parts of her life from all stages of her life throughout the novel.  The end of the story the author kind of wraps up everything and you are left with a better understanding BUT getting there was a little tough for me. 

Buy Link:


No comments:

Post a Comment